A fun dish to add to the braai menu which is particularly suitable for the…
Ostrich Chilli Con Carne Wraps
This great chilli recipe has to be one of the best dishes to serve to friends for a casual get-together. Serve with chopped avocado, chopped tomatoes and grated cheese in wraps.
- 500g Klein Karoo Ostrich Mince
- 15ml Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Stick celery, chopped
- 5ml Chilli powder
- 1 Pinch cayenne pepper
- 5ml Dried oregano
- 440g Can crushed tomatoes
- 30ml Tomato paste
- 5ml Soft brown sugar
- 15ml Cider or red wine vinegar
- 425g Can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 125ml Water
- 8 Whole wheat wraps
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based pan, and add the onion, garlic and celery.
- Stir over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the meat and cook over high heat for 5 minutes until well-browned, breaking up any lumps with a fork.
- Add the chili powder, cayenne pepper, and oregano to the pan.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, water, and the tomato paste, and stir to combine.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, vinegar, and the kidney beans.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat through for 5 minutes.
Serve with chopped avocado, chopped tomatoes and grated cheese in wraps.
Recipe: Tersia de Wet