Serves 4 - 5 DESCRIPTION INGREDIENTS 1 red chilli, thinly sliced, seeds removed 3 spring…
1 hour cooking time | 2 hours preparation time
- 500 g Klein Karoo Ostrich Mince
- 15 ml olive Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 5 ml chilli powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 5 ml dried oregano
- 440 g can crushed tomatoes
- 30 ml tomato paste
- 5 ml soft brown sugar
- 15 ml cider or red wine vinegar
- 425 g can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 125 ml water
- 8 Whole wheat wraps
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based pan, and add the onion, garlic and celery.
- Stir over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the meat and cook over high heat for 5 minutes until well-browned, breaking up any lumps with a fork.
- Add the chili powder, cayenne pepper, and oregano to the pan.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, water, and the tomato paste, and stir to combine.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, vinegar, and the kidney beans.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat through for 5 minutes.
Serve with chopped avocado, chopped tomatoes and grated cheese in wraps.
Recipe: Tersia de Wet