Serves 4 - 5 DESCRIPTION INGREDIENTS 1 red chilli, thinly sliced, seeds removed 3 spring…
1 hour cooking time | 2 hours preparation time
- 500 g Klein Karoo Ostrich Goulash
- 60 ml flour, seasoned with coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 15 g butter
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup green pepper, diced
- 250 g button mushrooms, sliced and sautéed in a little butter and olive oil
- 400 g tomatoes, chopped
- 125 ml water
- 15 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 250 ml sour cream or plain yoghurt
- Coat the ostrich goulash with seasoned flour.
- Heat half the butter and 15 ml of the oil in a large frying pan, and sauté the meat until brown.
- Remove the meat from the pan and place in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion, garlic and green pepper to the frying pan and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat until tender.
- Add all the ingredients to the meat and bring slowly to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 1 hour.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream or yogurt.
- Replace over low heat, stirring until mixture is hot, without letting it boil.
- Season to taste.
Serve with parsley rice, couscous or fettuccini.
Recipe: Tersia de Wet