Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
• 125g butter or margarine
• 200ml (110g) cake flour
• 500ml milk
• 2ml ground nutmeg
• 2ml ground coriander
• 200ml fresh cream
• 100g biltong powder (blend biltong in blender)
• 200ml (80g) grated cheddar cheese
• 1500ml beef stock
• 1ml salt
• freshly ground black pepper to taste
• Extra biltong for garnish
• Melt butter in a heavy-based saucepan.
• Add flour and stir over low heat for about 1 minute.
• Add milk and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until sauce is
smooth and has thickened slightly.
• Add stock, spices and seasoning. Simmer for about 10 minutes, whisking
constantly, until thick.
• Add cream and biltong and heat through.
• Remove from heat and add cheese.
• Garnish with extra biltong and serve immediately as a starter or light meal, with