In today’s health-conscious world ostrich meat has become part of a balanced diet and allows…
Ostrich Steak Burgers with Beet Tzatziki and Spicy Potatoes
This is not your ordinary “burger and chips”!
- 500g Klein Karoo Ostrich Steak Burgers
- 15ml Olive oil
- Brush steak burgers with olive oil.
- Grill in hot griddle pan or braai on grid over moderately hot coals until nicely browned.
- Keep warm.
- 2 Medium sized cooked or grilled Beets, coarsely grated
- A pinch of salt
- 15ml Chopped mint leaves
- 1 Small onion, finely chopped
- 125ml Plain yoghurt
- Mix the ingredients and serve on the steak burger.
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1kg Potatoes, cut into wedges
- 125ml Finely chopped coriander
- 1 Clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2.5ml Chili powder
- Juice of half a lemon
- Deep-fry potatoes and season.
- Mix coriander, chili powder, and garlic together.
- Place 15 ml vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and cook coriander mix for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add fried potatoes and lemon juice, and toss to combine.
Recipe: Tersia de Wet