35 minutes cooking time | 45 minutes preparation time
Serves 4 – 5
- 500 g Klein Karoo Ostrich Mince
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 large mushrooms, sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 400 g tin tomatoes, chopped
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoons tomato purée
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add a quarter of the mince and fry, adding the rest of the meat in intervals to avoid cooking the meat.
- Add the onion and fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mince is browned and the onions softened.
- Add the mushrooms and carrots, cook for 1 minute; then add tinned tomatoes, vegetable stock, tomato purée, Worcestershire sauce and freshly ground black pepper.
- Stir well and bring to the boil; then reduce the heat to simmer for 15-20 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Boil whole-wheat spaghetti as indicated on the pack.
- Serve with the bolognaise sauce.
- Top with fresh basil leaves and cherry tomatoes cut in half.
Serve with Italian salad and fresh bread.