A fun dish to add to the braai menu which is particularly suitable for the…
Homemade Ostrich Burgers
Who does not love a burger? These home-made ostrich patties are delicious and the perfect base for all your favourite toppings.
- 500g Klein Karoo Ostrich Mince
- 1 Onion, chopped and fried
- 1 Clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Tablespoon capers, chopped
- 2 Anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Slice whole-wheat bread, crumbled and soaked in
- ¼ Cup water
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Salt and milled pepper to taste
- Oil for cooking
- 6 Soft rolls
- 3 Tomatoes, sliced
- Fresh lettuce
- To make the burgers, knead together the mince, onion, garlic, capers, anchovy fillets, Worcestershire sauce, bread, egg and seasoning.
- Shape the Ostrich mixture into 6 patties.
- Moisten with oil and pan-fry or grill until nicely browned but still medium rare.
- Sandwich between split soft rolls along with sliced tomatoes and lettuce.
Recipe: Tersia de Wet