Serves 4 - 5 DESCRIPTION INGREDIENTS 1 red chilli, thinly sliced, seeds removed 3 spring…
20 minutes cooking time | 35 minutes preparation time
- 500 g Klein Karoo Ostrich Mince
- 1 onion, chopped and fried
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 2 Anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 slice whole-wheat bread, crumbled and soaked in
- ¼ cup water
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and milled pepper to taste
- Oil for cooking
- 6 soft rolls
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- Fresh lettuce
- To make the burgers, knead together the mince, onion, garlic, capers, anchovy fillets, Worcestershire sauce, bread, egg and seasoning.
- Shape the Ostrich mixture into 6 patties.
- Moisten with oil and pan-fry or grill until nicely browned but still medium rare.
- Sandwich between split soft rolls along with sliced tomatoes and lettuce.
Recipe: Tersia de Wet