In today’s health-conscious world ostrich meat has become part of a balanced diet and allows…
Ostrich Prime Steak with Balsamic Jus
Steak in it’s simplest form!! Tasty and healthy!!
- 500g Klein Karoo Ostrich Whole Fillet
- 15ml Olive oil
- Baste the meat with olive oil.
- Heat a grill pan until very hot.
- If braaiing, the coals should be very hot.
- Place the steak in the pan or on the grid and seal both sides.
- Once the meat is sealed, sprinkle with seasoning.
- Turn meat twice on each side until done as preferred.
- Remove from heat.
- Baste again with a little olive oil.
- Cover and leave to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Rare: 8 minutes
- Medium:12 minutes
- Rare: 15 minutes
- Medium:20 minutes
- 250ml Balsamic vinegar
- 70g Brown sugar
- 4 Rosemary sprigs
- 3 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 50g Butter
- Place balsamic vinegar, sugar, rosemary, and garlic in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes or until reduced by two thirds. Add butter and stir to combine. Serve with ostrich steak.
Recipe: Tersia de Wet