- 500 g Klein Karoo Ostrich Goulash
- 65 ml (¼cup) butter
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 45 ml flour
- 125 ml red wine
- 315 ml (1¼ cups) beef stock
- 3 Pears, peeled & quartered
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan.
- Add the onion and fry until lightly browned.
- Dust the ostrich goulash with flour, add to the pan and brown on all sides.
- Place meat in casserole dish and sprinkle the rest of the flour over the meat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pour into a casserole dish.
- Put the casserole in the oven with the lid on and cook for 1 hour.
Serve with polenta slices or mashed potato and butternut.
Recipe by: Tersia de Wet