A fun dish to add to the braai menu which is particularly suitable for the…
Get back to basics with this easy meatloaf recipe. It’s quick, traditional, delicious, and it’s sure to please everyone at your table.
- 500g Klein Karoo Ostrich Mince
- 4 Slices Bread, crusts removed
- 100ml Milk
- 1 Leek (white part only), washed and finely chopped
- 1 Red sweet pepper, finely chopped
- 15ml Olive oil
- 30ml Finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 5ml Cayenne pepper
- 25ml Ground nutmeg
- 10ml Worcestershire Sauce or dijon mustard
- 30ml Tomato sauce
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tin (400g) tomatoes, chopped
- 6 Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5ml Dried oregano
- 5ml Sugar
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Soak the bread in the milk for a minute or two, then lightly squeeze dry.
- Heat 15 ml olive oil.
- Fry the chopped leek and sweet pepper for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan. In a bowl mix the rest of the ingredients with a fork.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Shape the meat into a loaf and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Mix the chopped tomato, cherry tomatoes, oregano and sugar and carefully pour the sauce over the meat loaf.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 200 °C, lower the temperature to 180 °C and bake for a further 30 – 40 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold with bread rolls and salad.
Recipe: Tersia de Wet