1 hour cooking time | 2 hours preparation time
- 500 g Klein Karoo Ostrich Mince
- 4 slices Bread, crusts removed
- 100 ml Milk
- 1 Leek (white part only), washed and finely chopped
- 1 Red sweet pepper, finely chopped
- 15 ml olive oil
- 30 ml finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 5 ml cayenne pepper
- 25 ml ground nutmeg
- 10 ml Worcestershire Sauce or dijon mustard
- 30 ml tomato sauce
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tin (400g) tomatoes, chopped
- 6 Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 ml dried oregano
- 5 ml sugar
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Soak the bread in the milk for a minute or two, then lightly squeeze dry.
- Heat 15 ml olive oil.
- Fry the chopped leek and sweet pepper for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan. In a bowl mix the rest of the ingredients with a fork.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Shape the meat into a loaf and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Mix the chopped tomato, cherry tomatoes, oregano and sugar and carefully pour the sauce over the meat loaf.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 200 °C, lower the temperature to 180 °C and bake for a further 30 – 40 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold with bread rolls and salad.
Recipe: Tersia de Wet