In today’s health-conscious world ostrich meat has become part of a balanced diet and allows…
Whole Ostrich Fillet Roast With Blue Cheese and Peppercorn Topping
A simple healthy and delicious meal. Serve the creamy Ostrich Fillet roast potatoes, with a side of seasonal vegetables.
- 400g Klein Karoo Ostrich Whole Fillet
- 65ml Sour cream
- 15g Madagascar peppercorns
- 65ml Creamy blue cheese, crumbled
- 7.5ml Fresh lemon juice
- 2.5ml Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all these ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Brush meat on both sides with olive oil.
- Quickly seal meat on both sides in a little olive oil and 5 ml butter in a heavy based grill pan. Turn once, using tongs.
- Spread the topping over the meat and place meat in an oven tray.
- Roast until the required degree of doneness.
- Roast 15 minutes at 180C for a rare roast and 20 minutes for a medium roast.
Serve with roasted potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
Recipe: Tersia de Wet