Who does not love a burger? These home-made ostrich patties are delicious and the perfect…
Ostrich Mince Chilli Bombs
A fun dish to add to the braai menu which is particularly suitable for the Weber. Serve with a side salad.
- 500g Ostrich mince
- Approx 12 strips of good quality streaky bacon
- 1 Red bell pepper sliced and roasted
- 1 Yellow bell pepper sliced and roasted
- Additional chilli to taste
- 1 Tub cream cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange half of the bacon strips next to each other on a sheet of cling-wrap
- Add a layer of mince meat on top of the bacon approx 1 cm thick
- Add the cheese and peppers on top of the mince.
- Roll up the meat with the bacon to form a roll.
- Repeat for a second roll.
- Braai in a Weber for 40 minutes
Serve with a salad and cauliflower rice for a healthy meal
ROASTING SWEET PEPPERS:
- Wash and dry pepper
- Cut in half lengthwise and remove core and seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius and bake for 40min until skins are black.
- Remove skins and cut into slices.
Recipe: Ollie Taljaard CKI