Serves 4 - 5 DESCRIPTION INGREDIENTS 1 red chilli, thinly sliced, seeds removed 3 spring…
40 minutes Cooking time I 40min preparation time
- 500g Ostrich Mince
- Approx 12 strips of good quality streaky bacon
- 1 red bell pepper sliced and roasted
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced and roasted
- Additional chilli to taste
- 1 tub cream cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange the half of the bacon strips next to each other on a sheet of cling-wrap plastic
- Add a layer of mince meat ontop of the bacon approx 1 cm thick
- Add the cheese and peppers on top of the mince.
- Roll up the meat with the bacon to form a roll.
- Repeat for a second roll.
- Braai in a Weber for 40 minutes
Serve with a salad and cauliflower rice for a healthy meal
Roasting sweet peppers:
- Wash and dry pepper
- Cut in half lengthwise and remove core and seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius and bake for 40min until skins are black.
- Remove skins and cut into slices.
Recipe: Ollie Taljaard CKI